Mobile Capture: Remote Capture taken to another level
I am on the road quite a bit as part of my job. While on the road I acquire quite a number of physical paper receipts that I must care for until I submit an expense report to the accounting department.
Over the years I have misplaced a few of these receipts causing headaches for myself and accounting. Lost receipts won’t verify expenditure, so I have to call and get copies. Nobody loves making or getting this kind of call!
Since I always have my iPhone, I have tried different versions of mobile capture applications. Some are free; most others aren’t.
For those of you on the road frequently as a way of life, this new iPhone application has extended the functionality of ILINX® Capture to allow Mobile Capture. It is an excellent tool to add to your belt.
ILINX® Capture Mobile:
What sets this mobile capture application apart from other mobile capture apps?
- Ease of use
- Take a photo (Or use a photo you already have on your iPhone)
- Add Index values (Optional)
- Enter the email address you want the mobile capture item to be sent to
- Hit send
- Have recipient check their inbox for your industry-standard PDF file. (If you entered Index values the recipient will see them in the body of the email)
- Other mobile capture applications require you to install an application onto your pc or laptop to sync up with your iPhone to download your captured items.
- Now I don’t need to wait until I get to my laptop to offload the receipts from my iPhone
I can now scan receipts on the plane, at my lunch table, at the hotel desk… It’s a great feeling to have this wrapped up before my trip is complete.
The expense scenario above is just one way to use ILINX® Capture Mobile, just think of how many ways your current business process could benefit from the use of Mobile Capture technology.
Sr. Systems Engineer